The article’s solution or answer has been confirmed in practice by a client or Pitney Bowes agent.
Setting up your new Pitney Bowes account and services
UPDATED: June 10, 2018
Set up your Pitney Bowes account and new mailing system by following these steps.
- Create your account profile
- Postage funding
- Connection methods
- Installation for your specific model - after creating your account profile and setting up postage and connection
Follow the steps to create your account profile (if you don't have one already).
Pitney Bowes mailing systems do not come with postage funds beyond your initial deposit. You need to load funds to the meter prior to use. Adding postage requires a postage account. The default payment option is Purchase Power®.
Postage will be automatically added to the meter from the initial deposit made during the contract process. After the deposit amount is used up, postage payments will need to come from other postage funding sources.
Transitioning to a different meter?
Initial postage can be paid for using the funds transferred from the returned meter. After that, you can fund postage using the methods you already have set up, or you can change your postage funding source.
Your mailing system communicates with the Pitney Bowes Data Center as part of its operations. Tasks that may occur when connected include:
- Refill postage
- Update postal rate data
- Perform required postal inspections
- Add new features & software
- Receive new graphics and ads for printing
Your connection method depends on your system:
PC Meter Connect™ - connect to the internet with your computer
Local Area Network (LAN) with USB cable and adapter
Wireless (Wi-Fi) network
(select an option)
- Internet cable / USB Connectivity Kit - DM series
- SmartLink™ device - Wired or Wireless (WiFi) -
- Communication Device -
- WiFi Installation - DM series
- Connect+® Series/SendPro® P-Series: Networking Specifications
SendProC-Series (C200, C300, C400) - Install instructions
Set up your meter
Continue to set up your mailing system by selecting your model: