This section describes the major new features or enhancements that are included in this release.
CanadaPost. Support for Prepaid Flat Rate Envelopes
3 New Package Types added for Canada Post to be used for Advanced Purchase Products:
- Prepaid Letter
- Prepaid Package
- Prepaid Parcel
Use Prepaid package types with:
- The following services: Priority (domestic), Xpresspost and Expedited Parcel (domestic).
- The following special services: Signature, Card (hold) for Pickup, any Disposition Method, Delivery Confirmation - Adult Signature Required.
ERR. Added Ability to Map Reference Fields to Coversheets
The reference fields, ShipperReference, ReferenceOne – ReferenceSix, are now returned for processed shipments and included in Certified Coversheets generated through Active Reports. Not supported with Requisitions.
PB Shipping API. Updated Return Address Mapping
Improved PB Shipping API connector for return addresses when an alternative return address has been provided.
Now, in domestic shipment:
- The Ship From address is set to the return address elements in the Request sent to the carrier.
- The InductionPostalCode field is set to the sender’s zip code.
- The Ship From address remains mapped to the Sender's address, and the Return address is mapped to the AltReturnAddress field in the Request to the carrier. This allows for the correct display of sender and return-to details on international documents.
LabelMaster DGIS. Added New Fields on Material Search Results
Subsidiary Risk and Special Provisions fields added for hazardous materials search results grid. There’s a new project setting, Show DGIS Subsidiary Risk, that control the visibility of these fields (defaults to False).
Additionally, the material search grid has been modified to display entire text, rather than truncating it.
Also, refer to the Project Template Changes section of these release notes.
FSMS. Support for DG Concentration Percentage Field
The Concentration (%) field has been added to the Hazardous Material lookup. The field is supported with FSMS and FedEx Web Services hazardous shipments. Shipper Declaration For Dangerous Goods will now display Hazardous Concentration, if provided. Also, refer to the XML Schema Changes section of these release notes.
Blackbox. Support for HubCapp Printing
For Blackbox use only, there is a new Shipment Server Printer Type of HubCapp. This uses a HubCapp Server and HubCapp Peripheral Agent to service print requests. This capability is on request only as the HubCapp installers are not included in the standard distribution. The Blackbox toolkit for 7.22.00 includes a HubCapp Printing document.
This section includes items that have been raised via Support and escalated to Development for resolution within this release.
USPS Server. Updated Carrier Service Names
Renamed two USPS carrier services:
- Standard Mail (Custom) is now Marketing Mail.
- Standard Mail (DBMC) is now Marketing Mail (DBMC).
Minor Corrections to Pierbridge Package Schema and Migration Utility
- Corrected Pierbridge Package schema file.
- Added missing nodes, CustomsInsuranceChargesValue, CustomsInsuranceChargesCurrency.
- Fixed issue with Project Migration Utility not importing certain "bit" fields for objects such as FontUnderline.
Requisitions. Improved Performance of Parcel Line Item Entry with Hazardous Properties JOC
Improved performance of the Parcel Line Item Entry with Hazardous and Parcel Line Item Entry with Hazardous Sub Lines JOCs to allow for increased speed when loading requisitions and cloning package contents.
This section contains information about minor changes and corrections. It can include issues raised in previous releases that have been corrected.
File Printing. Extended Functionality to Handle Multiple Outputs for Each Item
Expanded File printing support:
- The output type is now included in the filename, e.g. a label "P7.prn" will now be called "P7 Label.prn".
- An index "(1), (2), (3)" will be added to the filename, if a name clash is detected during the print. For example, if two files of the same type are printed and the first filename is called "P7 CustomLabel1.prn", the second will be named "P7 CustomLabel1 (1).prn".
Also, refer to the Possible Breaking Changes section of these release notes.
Diagnostics. Reduced Memory Usage when Listing Log Files
- Reduced memory usage when listing diagnostics log files available to download.
- The "Clear All" button within the Diagnostics screen now removes all generated log files.
Authentication Modes. Improved SAML Certificate Handling
Improved handling of the service provider certificate to allow for more compatibility when signing SAML assertions and messages. The product will now handle SHA-256 certificates from other providers and not just those from provider type 24 (Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider).
End of Day. Improved Auto Start
Improved error messages for the EndOfDayGet transaction in relation to the "AutoStart" flag to return more accurate and user-friendly content. As such, the AutoStart now generates two types of error messages: Shipping Key error and Identifier error.
The Shipping Key error is returned if multiple shipping keys are detected in the Manifest List Response, and no specific key has been provided in the Request.
The Identifier error is returned if multiple Manifests are detected in the Manifest List Response and no specific Identifier has been provided in the Request.
Security. Added Ability to Use Product Error Pages
Changes have been made to security-related items:
- Added a new setting, Disable Standard Error Pages, to the Server Configuration Utility (defaults to False). When set to True, the default platform error pages are replaced with a product error page. The page provides limited information on the issue that caused the error, so make sure the error is recorded in the Windows Event Viewer on the server.
- All runtime pages (pages which contain the markup for the templates and Login pages) are no longer stored by browser and proxy caches.
- Some unused web page files have been removed.
- The cookie secure flag is now set for all requests that come from a HTTPS request. Previously, this was only set when the "Use SSL With Projects Server" configuration setting was enabled.
- The number of HTTP verbs is now restricted to those that are used by the application.
- The XML Entity attack logic has been improved. This is enabled by default and cannot be disabled since the DOCTYPE attribute is not used by the application.
ATS. Improved Shipment Consolidation
The Sales Order Number has been added to the Docket Number grouping functionality.
Generation 2 Projects. Removed Dependency on ProjectID for Project Group URLs
The ProjectID is no longer mandatory for Generation 2 group URLs. If missing, the application will now select the first project in the group for further logic.
Authentication Modes. Resolved Login Issues with Windows Authentication
Resolved an error returned when logging in using Windows authentication.
FedEx Server. Removed Total Duty Value Override
The Total Duty Override field is no longer passed to FedEx Server for any international transaction, as it has been superseded by new FedEx fields which are now printed on the documents instead.
FedEx Web Services Consolidated. Amended Behavior
Amended the way the ImporterOfRecord and ReturnTo address blocks for Consolidated shipments are set in the Connector xml so they get populated correctly whether the nodes exist or not.
POSSIBLE BREAKING CHANGES
This section lists all changes that have the potential to break legacy functionality. Please review the contents of this section before updating any project to understand the changes that are being made and any actions that you need to take prior to applying the patches.
File Printing. Extended Functionality to Handle Multiple Outputs for Each Item. Changed naming convention. Any external software that processes these JOBs might need to adjust the filename filters it is using when searching for JOB files.
PROJECT TEMPLATE CHANGES
The following templates have been updated and can be used with this release:
Template: SendSuite Live Hazardous Ship
Version: Generation 2 – 2.8
Comments: New hazardous fields added (material search results).
XML SCHEMA CHANGES
The following XML Schema changes are included in this release.
For Schema Name:
- Pierbridge Ship Request
- Pierbridge Rate Request
- Pierbridge RateShop Request
Added the following to Contents and Materials:
- HazardousConcentration: The percentage concentration for the line item.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021