Experience a simpler, smarter way to ship and mail.
Tracking and package distribution
Mailing equipment and software
We make it easy to ship and mail smarter from anywhere.
What is the best shipping services for small business?
There are several shipping services that cater to small businesses, each with its own strengths and features. The best shipping service for your small business depends on your specific needs, budget, and the nature of your products. Here are some popular options:
- United States Postal Service (USPS): USPS is often a cost-effective option for small businesses shipping domestically. They offer various services, including Priority Mail® and USPS Ground Advantage, with options for tracking and insurance. USPS also provides flat-rate shipping options. You can access the best USPS rates on the market through Pitney Bowes Shipping Solutions. This is because the USPS provides certain shipping platform partners discounted rates through the USPS Connect™ eCommerce program, which Pitney Bowes is a part of.
- FedEx: FedEx offers a range of shipping services, including ground, express, and international shipping. They have a strong reputation for reliable delivery and offer advanced tracking capabilities. FedEx also provides discounts for small businesses when you open a business account on FedEx.com.
- UPS: UPS is another popular shipping service known for its reliability and extensive network. They offer domestic and international shipping options, along with features like tracking and insurance. Similar to the USPS, UPS also provides shipping discounts and additional benefits to small businesses through their a partnership program with Pitney Bowes.
Which shipping method is fastest?
The fastest shipping method depends on the specific shipping service and the options they provide. Generally, express or expedited shipping services tend to be the fastest. Here are some common shipping methods known for their speed:
- Overnight Shipping or Next-Day Shipping: Many shipping services offer overnight or next-day delivery options. With this method, packages are typically picked up and delivered within 24 hours, ensuring speedy delivery.
- Same-Day Shipping: Some shipping services, particularly local or on-demand couriers, offer same-day shipping. This option is ideal for urgent deliveries within a specific area or region.
- Priority or Express Shipping: Various shipping providers offer priority or express shipping services. These options prioritize packages for faster transit and delivery. Delivery times for express shipping can range from 1-3 business days, depending on the destination.
Which shipping company is the cheapest?
Determining the cheapest shipping company depends on factors such as the package's size and weight, destination, and the hipping speed needed. Here are some carrier options that are often considered cost-effective for small businesses:
- United States Postal Service (USPS) is often competitive for small, lightweight packages, especially for domestic shipping within the United States. Services include Ground Advantage™, Priority Mail, and Flat Rate options. When you ship with USPS in Pitney Bowes shipping solutions, you can access the best in market rates. Learn more about these rates.
- Regional Carriers: Regional carriers may offer competitive rates for regional or local shipments. These carriers focus on specific areas and can sometimes provide lower costs than national carriers.
- FedEx and UPS Discounts: Both FedEx and UPS offer discounted shipping rates for small businesses through their respective discount programs. When you ship with UPS in Pitney Bowes shipping solutions, you can access UPS discounts and additional benefits.
What is the best way to save money on postage?
Saving money on postage can be beneficial for small businesses. Here are some effective strategies that can help.
- Flat rate shipping options, offered by USPS, FedEx, and other carriers, can be advantageous for small businesses shipping heavier items or multiple products within a specific size range.
- Use packaging materials that are appropriate for the size and weight of your products. Avoid using excessive packaging materials that can increase the dimensions and weight of the package, leading to higher shipping costs.
- Printing shipping labels online can save you money compared to purchasing them at the post office or shipping center via discounted rates and more.
- Consolidate Shipments: If you have multiple orders going to the same destination, consider consolidating them into a single shipment. Consolidation can reduce shipping costs by eliminating duplicate shipments.
What are the different types of mail services in the US?
In the United States, there are several types of mail services offered by the United States Postal Service (USPS), each with its own features and delivery options. Some mailing services are available online. Here are the main types of mail services available:
- First-Class Mail: First-Class Mail is the most common and affordable service for sending letters, postcards, and lightweight packages. It is generally used for non-urgent and non-time-sensitive items. First-Class Mail includes options such as letters, large envelopes (flats), and small packages.
- Priority Mail: Priority Mail offers faster delivery than First-Class Mail and is suitable for time-sensitive shipments. It includes features like tracking, insurance, and free packaging options. Priority Mail is often used for larger packages, documents, and merchandise.
- Priority Mail Express: Priority Mail Express is the fastest USPS service available. It provides guaranteed overnight or 1-2 day delivery depending on the destination. Priority Mail Express includes tracking, insurance, and delivery to PO Boxes and military addresses.
- Media Mail: Media Mail is a cost-effective option for sending educational materials, books, manuscripts, sound recordings, and other media-related items. It has specific restrictions on the types of items that qualify for this service.
- Parcel Select: Parcel Select is a ground shipping option primarily used by businesses for sending large and heavy packages. It offers commercial rates and can be an economical choice for non-urgent shipments.
- Retail Ground: Retail Ground is a USPS service for shipping larger and heavier items that don't qualify for First-Class Mail or Priority Mail. It is typically used for items weighing over 1 pound and offers tracking and insurance options.
- USPS Marketing Mail: USPS Marketing Mail (formerly known as Standard Mail) is a service used for advertising and promotional mailings. It offers reduced postage rates for bulk mailings but has specific requirements regarding mail content, quantity, and preparation.
- Package Services: USPS Package Services include options like Bound Printed Matter, Library Mail, and Media Mail (mentioned earlier). These services are specifically designed for shipping books, printed materials, and educational resources at lower rates.
- Certified Mail, Registered Mail, and Insured Mail: These services are additional options that can be added to various mail classes to provide proof of mailing, secure tracking, and insurance coverage for valuable or sensitive items.
Shop carrier rates to ship more cost-effectively and track deliveries in volume.
Discover a new level of flexibility, convenience and savings. Ship and mail from one smart device.