You use a Communication Device to connect your mailstation™ or mailstation2™ meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through your internet connection. Communication Devices were shipped with meters until July 18, 2016.
Step 1: Connect your Communication Device to your internet source
- Plug one end of the network cable into an active internet port.
- Plug the other end of the network cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the AC adapter power cord into the Communication Device and plug it into a power outlet. When the left LED is lit yellow, the device has power. Wait 45 seconds until the right LED blinks orange. This means that the Communication Device is communicating with your network.
Step 2: Connect your Communication Device to your postage meter
- Plug one end of the short USB cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the other end of the short USB cable into the meter.
- Attach the second power cord into the meter and plug it into a power outlet.
- The meter displays startup screens and you hear the meter’s printer initialize.
- Once the initialization process completes, the right LED blinks green. This means that your meter has successfully connected to the internet.
Step 3: Download the link for your operating system
- On a computer, select the download link for your operating system.
- Windows requirements and download
- Mac requirements and download
- Save the file to your computer on the desktop or in the Downloads folder. The name of the application is Network Setup Utility.
Step 4: Set up the Communications Device to operate on your wireless network
- Go to the download location and open the downloaded file. If prompted for a password, enter MnDqr7.
- Select Setup for Wireless Connection.
- Read the User License Agreement. If you agree, select Yes.
- Select the SSID (name) for your wireless network.
- Select Search if you do not see your network listed.
- If your network still does not appear, disconnect the Communication Device from the meter and select Search again. If required, enter and re-enter the password for the selected wireless network and select Next. If you do not know this information, contact your IT department.
Note: If the wireless network you use does not broadcast its name, the name does not appear on this list. To enter this information, scroll down and select Other Network.
- Select Next and enter the settings for your wireless network.
- Special settings:
- Enter special settings here if required for devices on your network (e.g., static IP address, proxy server, or other unique wireless settings).
- Select Next to skip these screens if your network does not require any special settings.
- Select Submit to confirm that these are the settings you want to send to the Communication Device.
- Restart your Communication Device:
- Disconnect the network cable and power cord from the Communication Device. Ensure that the meter and Communication Device are connected with the USB cable.
- Reconnect the power cord to the Communication Device. Do not reconnect the network cable.
- Connect the power cable to the meter.
- Check that the right LED on the Communication Device blinks green after 60 seconds.
Step 5: Confirm that the meter is connected to the internet
- To confirm that the meter is connected to the internet through your wireless network:
- Press Funds on the meter.
- Press Review (down) until the screen says Check amt available to download?
- Press Enter/yes.
- When your balances appear on the meter, you have confirmed that your wireless connection is working.
- Connect power to the meter.
UPDATED: April 26, 2021