Creating a shipping label in the PitneyShip Mobile app
You can use the PitneyShip Mobile app to create a shipping label on your phone and either print it directly from your phone or save it as a ship request to print from your computer later.
The PitneyShip Mobile app can only create domestic shipping labels. To create international or APO labels, use PitneyShip in your web browser.
- Tap Ship on the Home screen.
- Tap the Package Type tab and choose your packaging type.
- Enter the recipient address.
- Tap Continue.
- Verify the address if asked.
- Select the service.
- On the Home screen, tap Ship.
- (Optional) To use a preset that you have previously created in PitneyShip, tap the Choose Preset tab and tap the desired preset. Presets must be created and edited in the desktop version of PitneyShip.
Tip: If new presets were added, you can swipe down in the app to refresh the presets list.
- If not using a preset, tap the Package Type tab and choose your packaging type.
- If using carrier-specific packaging, tap the carrier, then select the package type. Scroll down to see more package types.
- If using your own packaging, tap My Packaging, then select the package type. To enter the dimensions and weight, tap on each field and enter the measurement.
- Tap Continue.
- (Optional) To change the sender address, tap the Sender Address at the top and select the desired address.
- (Optional) To assign this label to a cost account, tap the Cost Account menu and select the desired account.
- Enter the recipient address, or tap the address book icon and select it from the address book. If you enter a new address, tap the Save to address book box to save it in your address book.
- To email the tracking number when you print the label, tap the Email the tracking number box. The sender and recipient email addresses are automatically filled in if they are in the address book. If the address is not automatically filled in, tap on the line below the box and enter it. To add another address, tap next to the first address.
- Tap Continue.
- If prompted to verify the address, tap Use Suggested.
- Select the service you wish to use. Scroll down to see all available services.
- To add extra services, tap Add Extra Services, select the services, and tap Apply.
- By default, rates from all carrier accounts are shown. To remove accounts, tap Filter, tap the accounts you do not wish to use, and tap Done.
- By default, the services are sorted by delivery speed (Fastest). To sort by price, tap Fastest > Lowest Rate.
- To go back to the previous step, tap the back arrow at the top.
- To start over from step 2, tap Start Over.
- To print the label directly from your phone if you have a printer installed:
- Tap Print.
- If the Label Options screen opens, select the label options, then tap Print.
- (Optional) Tap Print Sample to print a sample label.
- When the label opens, select the printer, select any other needed options, then tap Print to print the label.
Note: If USPS SCAN Form printing is enabled in the PitneyShip Mobile app, the label will be added to the current SCAN Form.
Creating a ship request to print later
- To create a ship request that you can print later from a computer:
- Tap the arrow next to the Print button and tap Create Ship Request.
- When ready to print the Ship Request, sign in to PitneyShip on a computer from which you can print.
- In PitneyShip, go to Shipping & Mailing > Manage Ship Requests.
Reprinting the label, requesting a refund, or shipping another label
After creating a label, tap the 3 dots menu in the upper right if you need to reprint the label, request a refund, or ship another of the same label.
Note: The last 10 labels you printed from the PitneyShip Mobile app to a Wi-Fi printer are available in your phone's Downloads folder. Labels printed to a Bluetooth printer are not on this list.
- Installing a printer on an Apple iPhone for the PitneyShip Mobile app
- Reprinting a shipping label in the PitneyShip Mobile app
- Requesting a USPS label refund in the PitneyShip Mobile app
- Creating an international, military, or U.S. territory shipping label in SendPro Online or PitneyShip
- Printing ship requests in PitneyShip
UPDATED: November 01, 2022