Installing a printer on an Android device for the PitneyShip Mobile App
In order to print shipping labels directly from your Android device, you first need to install a printer on your device.
Products affected: PitneyShip™ Mobile App
To print shipping labels directly from your Android device, you first need to install a printer on your device.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Connections > More connection settings > Printing > Default Print Service.
- If you do not have this option, open Settings and search for printing.
- If a list of printers does not appear, tap the three dots in the upper right corner and select Add printer.
- To add the printer using its IP address:
- Tap Add printer by IP address.
- Enter the IP address of your printer. This can be found in the printer's settings.
- Tap Add.
- To add the printer using Wi-Fi Direct:
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct on your printer. Consult your printer manufacturer’s help if needed.
- On your phone, tap the slider next to Wi-Fi Direct printing to turn it on.
- Once the printer appears in the list, tap on it.
UPDATED: April 29, 2022