This instruction will guide you through installing your PB-SP100 Printer on a Mac computer using a Network connection.
If you are installing your printer on a Windows Computer, please see SP-100 Printer Installation via a Network Connection.
- Opening the box and unpacking
- Signing into SendPro®
- Connecting the Printer
- Printer Ready
- Aligning the Label Roll
- Manually Downloading the Printer Driver
- Adding Printer
- Test Print
Right, let’s get your Printer up and running quickly…
Let’s first get together the things you will need:
- The box containing your PB-SP100 Printer.
- A Welcome Email from Pitney Bowes containing your SendPro® Log in details.
- A Mac on which you have full admin rights to allow downloading and installing software.
- 2 available USB ports on your Mac.
If you have not received the email from Pitney Bowes, do not go any further with this installation. Please visit pitneybowes.com for contact details.
Opening the box and unpacking
Here are diagrams and explanations of the items you should find in your box. Please select the correct power cable for your location.
SL-397-D Scale and PB-SP100Printer
Note- If you have ordered a PB-SP100 Printer on it's own, you will not receive the SendKit SL-397-D Scale in the box.
Power Cord and Network Cable
Signing into SendPro®
Sign into SendPro® using the link in the welcome email.
Connecting the Printer
- Connect your Network cable to your printer and Network socket.
- Ensure you have the correct power cord for your region.
- Connect the power cord and adapter (as shown) to your printer and switch on.
Wait for about 10 seconds until the 2 green lights remain constant and the printer is ready.
Aligning the Label Roll
- Press the feed button and check that the label feeds out correctly.
Note- If the label does not feed correctly please refer to label alignment instructions inside the printer top cover.
- Tear off the correctly dispensed label.
Manually Download the Printer Driver
To connect your printer to your Mac computer you need to install a printer driver.
To install the Mac CUPS driver follow the steps below.
- Open Finder
- Open the Downloads folder.
- Double click on the driver .dmg file.
- Double click on the .pkg file.
Note- If the 'Software can not be opened because Apple can not check it' error pops up
- Select OK
- Right Click the file and select Open.
- Select Open.
- Select Continue.
- Select Install.
- Enter the User Name and Password.
After driver installation, The installation was successful message will be shown.
- Open System Preferences and click Printers & Scanners.
- Click + button and select Auto-detected USB Printer.
- Click Select Software in Use section, and choose the Pitney Bowes driver.
- Open the printer queue by double clicking on the printer icon.
- Select Print Test Page in the Printer menu to print a test print and ensure that your printer is connected.
UPDATED: October 07, 2020