Installing the SendPro C Auto
If you are installing a SendPro C Auto for the very first time, follow these instructions.
- Before you begin
- Open the box
- Unpack the device
- Install the printhead
- Install the ink cartridge
- Connect device to a power source
- Continue installation steps
Before you begin installing your new SendPro C Auto, decide on your payment method and what type of connection method you are using.
Set Up your Postage Payment Method
Pitney Bowes offers different options to pay for postage for mailing and shipping. You must set up how you are going to pay for postage before you can use your device. For more information visit paying for postage.
Choose your connection type
Take about 10 minutes to set up
Require an ethernet port and power outlet.
Take about 15 minutes to set up
Require access to a wireless network and power outlet.
Get account and password information
- Your email address and password that you use to sign into Your Account on Pitney Bowes.
- If you do not have a Your Account set up, use a browser on your computer and visit Your Account and click Register Now.
If you will be printing shipping labels you will need your SendPro Online email address and password for that account.
- If you have logged into Your Account on Pitney Bowes, or if you have used SendPro Online to send a package, you can link to that account and use that email address and password.
- If you do not have a shipping label account, you will have the option of creating one during the installation.
In the box you will find:
When lifting the device, have two people lift from each corner.
- Do not connect your device to a power source yet.
- Remove all packing materials from the device.
- Open the cover to access the ink carriage.
- Remove the packing tape from the ink carriage.
- Open the ink carriage guard.
- Unwrap the printhead and remove the protective strip.
- Squeeze the tabs and slide the printhead pegs into the lower set of grooves.
Important: This step is critical to prevent device damage.
- Keep squeezing the tabs and push the printhead flush against the wall. The tabs snap outward when you place the printhead correctly.
- Unwrap the ink cartridge and remove the silver foil strip from the ink cartridge.
- Install the ink cartridge and close the guard.
- Close the cover.
Connect the device to a power source. Tap the power button.
- Wait for the device to start up.
- Tap Get Started on the touchscreen and continue the installation steps on the screen.
- Tap Got it when you see the message "You're ready to start sending."
UPDATED: September 08, 2021