When importing a mailing list in ConnectRight™ Mailer, the error message "An error occurred during import" is displayed.
The mailing list file is open in another program. For example, if you are importing an Excel file, the file may be open in Excel.
Close the other program where the mailing list file is open. The Import Error pop-up box will identify the file that is open in another program. In this example, the Excel file named example.xlsx located at C:\Users\User1\Downloads\ is open in another program, most likely Excel.
If the error still appears, the program may still be running in the background. Follow these steps to close it completely:
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, select the Processes tab.
- Select the Image Name column to sort the processes by name.
- Highlight the process that is causing the Import Error message to appear and select End Process. For example, if Excel is causing the error to appear, you would end the EXCEL.EXE process.
- In the pop-up box that appears asking if you want to end the process, select End Process.
- If the process is still listed on the Processes tab, repeat steps 4-5 until it is no longer listed.
- Close the Task Manager.
- In ConnectRight Mailer, try to import the file.
If the error still appears, close ConnectRight Mailer, launch ConnectRight Mailer again, and try to import the file.
If the error still appears, contact technical support.
UPDATED: June 30, 2016