Verifying or enabling TLS 1.2 for Carrier Data Transmission Security Compliance in SendSuite Live
Carriers such as USPS, FedEx, and UPS now require all electronic data transmissions to employ TLS 1.2. Systems implementing a cipher below TLS 1.2 will be prevented from transmitting. While elements of these instructions explicitly refer to ConnectShip, the solution also applies to carrier APIs. In addition to enabling TLS 1.2, you must be on SendSuite Live Version 7.25.02 and higher.
To ensure system-wide TLS 1.2 compliance:
- Install all ConnectShip updates. For instructions, refer to How to install ConnectShip updates for SendSuite Live.
- Download the TLSVersion.ps1 PowerShell script and save it to a memorable location (e.g., your Desktop).
- Run PowerShell as an Administrator (right-click>Run as Administrator). See Microsoft's instructions on how to locate the PowerShell program.
- At the PowerShell command prompt, type this command and then press Enter.
- Press Y, then press Enter to accept the policy change.
- At the PowerShell command prompt, type the full path to the TLSVersion.ps1 file (e.g., c:\Users\[username]\Desktop\PowerShell\TLSVersion.ps1), then press Enter. Be sure to enclose the file path in double quotes (") if there are spaces anywhere in the path.
- A successful result reads:
- Close all unnecessary windows and delete the TLSVersion.ps1 file.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: March 11, 2022