Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) allow the T6MS scanner to communicate wirelessly. Before using your T6MS wirelessly, your facility must have a WLAN infrastructure in place. Both the infrastructure and the T6MS must be properly configured to enable wireless communication. Refer to the documentation provided with your network equipment for instructions on how to set up the infrastructure, or contact your network administrator.
Follow these steps on the T6MS to connect it to a wireless network:
- Select Settings.
- Slide the WiFi switch to the On position.
Note: To extend battery life, turn off WiFi when not using it.
- Select Wi-Fi. The T6MS will search for WLANs in the area and list them.
- Select the desired network from the list.
Note: For WiFi networks where the name is not shown in the list (if the SSID is not broadcast), contact your network administrator to have the WiFi configured manually.
- If required, enter the required password or other credentials. Contact your network administrator for more information.
- Select Connect.
- The T6MS will obtain a network address and other required information from the network, using the dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) protocol. To configure the T6MS with a fixed Internet Protocol (IP) address, refer to the T6MS Integrator Guide for more information.
- The WiFi setting field will display Connected, indicating that the T6MS is connected to your wireless network.
If you need assistance configuring the T6MS to match your network's security scheme or other settings, contact your network administrator.
UPDATED: November 05, 2018