You can send customized email notifications to inform recipients that a package has been received, checkpointed, attempted, delivered, or refused. Attempted Delivery and Package Received notifications are available by default.
Email notifications are sent from email@example.com. A "Sent from" label (name) and "Reply to" email address can be configured under Settings > Package Notifications.
Only users with an Admin role can perform this procedure.
This requires a subscription that supports this feature.
To configure your email notifications:
- Select the gear icon in the upper right.
- Select Package Notifications.
- To remove an existing notification, click on the gear icon next to it and select Delete. To deactivate a notification, click on Active to change it to Inactive.
- To change an existing notification, click on the gear icon next to it and select Edit.
- To add a new notification, click on the + icon.
- Enter a name for the notification.
- In the Rules section, specify the conditions under which notifications will be sent.
- Under When an event matches the below condition, select a Package Status.
- Under Do the following actions, select an Action.
- (Optional) Check Exclude weekends from the notification’s schedule to prevent notifications from being sent on Saturdays and Sundays. Note: This option is not available when the action Send notification immediately is selected.
- Enter the subject of the message in the Email subject field.
- Enter the body of the message in the large field.
- To insert dynamic text into the message, select Insert Field, then select the desired item.
- To see a preview of the custom email message, select Preview.
- To remove the custom message and use the default message, click on Sample Messages, select the desired message, and click Use Sample Message.
- When finished customizing the message, select the Save button at the bottom.
To disable notifications for individual recipients, edit their contact information and uncheck Send an email when a package arrives for this recipient.
UPDATED: September 16, 2021