In order to ship to military APO/DPO/FPO addresses using the PB Shipping API - USPS carrier in SendPro Enterprise, complete the fields as follows:
- Ship To tab:
- Attention: Contact Name
- Company: Military Unit
- Address 1: The Address 1 field must only contain the Unit or PSC number and Box number. Military Unit names are not allowed in the Address 1 field. Military addresses must be validated with the USPS database. (If you only have the Military Unit name and not the number, the package cannot be sent using PB Shipping API - USPS. The package must be sent using retail rates instead.) Examples of valid Address 1 entries:
- PSC 3 BOX 4120
- UNIT 100100 BOX 4120
- UNIT 8400 BOX 0000
- Address 2: Not used
- Address 3: Not used
- City: APO, DPO, or FPO
- State: Armed Forces Europe (AE), Armed Forces Pacific (AP), or Armed Forces America (AA)
- Zip: ZIP Code
- Country: United States
- Phone: Phone number (A phone number is required. If not known, use the sender's phone number.)
- Email: Not required (may be required by your company)
- Package tab:
- Weight (lb): Accurate weight of shipment
- Dimensions: Accurate dimensions of shipment (if required)
- Select Add Row in the lower right to add the required customs information:
- Quantity: Total number of pieces in shipment
- Unit of Measurement: Type of unit being measured (Pieces is default)
- Part Number: Part number (enter number to designate row)
- Description: Description of what is being shipped
- Weight (lb): Weight per Unit of what is being shipped (Quantity x Weight must be equal or less than the total weight of the shipment)
- Schedule B: Not required by default (may be required by your company)
- ECCN: Not required by default (may be required by your company)
- Export License: Not required by default (may be required by your company)
- Country of Origin: 2-character country of origin (example: US)
- Value (USD): Value of shipment in US dollars
- Click Rate.
- Click Print and print your shipment as usual.
- If the program says that the address is not valid, check the address using the USPS Look Up a ZIP Code tool. If the address cannot be validated, the package must be shipped using USPS retail rates. The PB Shipping API - USPS only uses commercial rates, and in order to use commercial rates, the address must be validated.
Military shipments print out via USPS Form 2976-A, which will be printed to a report printer on 8.5 x 11" paper. In order to attach this form to your package, a customs form envelope from the Post Office is usually required. The barcode and address must be visible through the envelope.
For more information on shipping to military addresses, see the USPS's Military & Diplomatic Mail page.
UPDATED: December 20, 2019