Sending Certified Mail on the DM100i-DM225
Learn how to send Certified Mail on the DM100i, DM125, DM200L and DM225.
Products affected: DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™
- Place your mailpiece on the scale or enter the weight manually.
- Select Class.
- Select US Domestic.
- Select First Class.
- Select your mailpiece size.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Certified Mail.
- (Optional) Select Ret Receipt to use the Return Receipt service.
- Select Done.
- Run the mailpiece through your meter.
- Attach the top portion of the certified mail label (Form 3800) at the top of your envelope to the left of the postage, inscription, and meter ad.
- (Optional) Attach your Return Receipt to the back of your envelope, if using the Return Receipt (Form 3811) service.
- Bring your mailpiece to your local Post Office to get a stamped receipt.
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you record the tracking number(s) for your records.
- Certified Mail® service is a standard feature that can be added to First Class and Priority mail. Certified Mail provides you with proof of mailing at time of mailing and the date and time of delivery or attempted delivery.
- E-Certified mail is an optional feature. Contact your Pitney Bowes sales representative for information about options and pricing.
- Return Receipt service can be added to confirm your delivery.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021