Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™
Follow these steps to create a normal preset for a First-Class Letter:
- Select Class.
- Select US Domestic.
Important: If you install the optional Presort Xtra feature on a DM475, Presort Xtra shows as a third class carrier selection.
- Select 1st Class.
- Select Letter.
- Press Enter.
- Confirm that the screen shows the correct class.
- Press Menu.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Preset Options.
- Select Set Normal Preset.
- Select Yes to confirm the settings.
- When the system returns to the Presets Options screen, press Home.
- You cannot edit a normal preset. To change a normal preset, you must create a new normal preset, which replaces the previous normal preset.
- To ensure that your preset gets automatically updated when postal rates change, define your preset using a class rather than a fixed amount.
- Normal presets are the default conditions on your meter that you define based on your most commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. These normal preset values are the default state on your mailing system when it first powers on, or after it awakens from "sleep" mode.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021