Use the following list as a guide for the manual feed operation:
- C Fold - feed the set face up, top first
- Single Fold- feed the set face down, bottom first
- Double Fold - feed the set face up, top first
The machine automatically selects the fold type (Single, C, or Double fold) based on the envelope depth and sheet length.
Follow these steps to run the material:
- Set the manual feeder side guides to control the sets to be fed. Note: These guides are self- centering.
- Feed a set of material gently into the manual feeder until the machine automatically starts and grabs it. A trial piece is automatically produced.
- When the message Trail Piece OK? displays, do one of the following.
- If the trial piece is okay, select Yes. The machine will remember the settings and automatically process more manually fed sets.
- If the address is slightly out of position, or the fold panel length needs adjusting, select No. Follow the on-screen instructions to correct the problem and run another trial piece.
If 20 seconds passes between manual feed operations, when the next set is fed, you will get a prompt to confirm that the current setup is okay.Note:
The manual feed settings are lost once a pre-programmed job definition is selected or a SwiftStart™ is operated.
UPDATED: March 29, 2016