Products affected: SendSuite® Arrival®, TAPlus handheld Tracking Assistant
To initialize and configure a TAPlus handheld Tracking Assistant for use with SendSuite® Arrival®:
- Install the battery.
- Charge until the amber LED light remains lit.
- Calibrate the screen and set the time and time zone. Confirm that the time zone is updated correctly.
- In Arrival, go to File > PDC Utilities > TAPlus J59x (Windows CE) Initialization.
- Select Local (USB Cable Connected Locally), then select Next.
- Select the WinCE device model, then select Next.
- Seat the scanner in the cradle or connect using a USB cable.
- Confirm that the Active Sync indicator on the computer turns green.
- Select Next, then select Yes.
- When the Install Wizard displays, select Next.
- When Check Mobile Device Finish at Confirmation is displayed, select OK.
- Select Next.
- At the confirmation prompt, select Yes.
- When Ready to use is displayed, select OK.
- With the scanner still in the cradle or connected, select Start > Programs > TAPlus.
- When the main screen displays, select Settings.
- In the Host field, enter the IP address or name of the Arrival application server.
- Set the port:
- Versions below 9.5: port 5101
- Version 9.61: port 5102
- Version 9.7: port 80
- In the Device ID field, enter the name of the old unit.
- Select Test:
- If Settings Test Successful is displayed, select OK, then select Save.
- If the test is not successful, check all settings from the old unit, then try again.
- Select Sync and wait for scanner to sync with Arrival.
- Remove the scanner from the cradle or cable and seat it in a 4-Bay Ethernet Cradle.
- Select Sync. If the unit syncs with Arrival, the setup is complete. If it does not sync, follow these steps:
- Select Start > Settings > Network and Dialup.
- Double-click on LANNDSI.
- Select Specify an IP Address.
- Type the IP address for the device. This may be obtained from the old unit or by consulting the IT department. The Subnet mask will automatically fill in with 255.255.255.0.
- Select OK, then close the screen.
Note: These changes should only be necessary when there is no dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) server on the network and static IP addresses were assigned by the IT department.
- Select Start > Programs > TAPlus.
- Sign in to the TAPlus application and select Sync.
UPDATED: June 03, 2021