The device is not connecting to the data server via a wired network connection.
If you are experiencing issues with a wireless (Wi-Fi) network connection, see the topic Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection issues.
Network connection issues may be caused by problems with the settings, the wired connection, or a firewall.
If you are installing the device for the first time, skip to solution 2.
To troubleshoot issues with a wired network connection, follow the steps in each section below.
Solution 1: Restart the device
Restart the device.
- Hold the power button until the screen displays "Shutting Down."
- Once off wait 5 seconds.
- Tap the power button.
If the issue is not resolved, perform a hard reboot.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the machine.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Plug the cord back in firmly.
- Tap the power button
If the issue is not resolved, check for an IP address
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap the right arrow twice.
- Tap About Device.
- Tap Network Info.
- If no IP address is listed, proceed to solution 2.
- If an IP address is listed, proceed to solution 3.
Solution 2: Check the physical connection
- Make sure that the device is not connected to a phone line or to a computer with PC Meter Connect, as this device does not support those connection types.
- Make sure that the network cable is securely plugged into the device. You should hear a soft click when it is fully inserted.
- Check the LED lights located on the back of the device where the network cable plugs in. These lights should become lit within one minute of turning on the device and indicate the status of the connection.
- If the cable is plugged in but the lights are off:
- Verify that the other end of the network cable is plugged into an active router or wall jack.
- Try a different cable. After a new cable is installed, if there are still no lights, contact technical support. Please have your model and serial number ready.
- If both the top (green) and the bottom (orange/amber) network card LEDs flicker constantly (even when the device is asleep), the connection is active. If you see these lights but the device is still not connecting, proceed to solution 3.
- If you see any other light pattern, proceed to solution 3.
Solution 3: Check the network settings
For information about the connection settings required on your network, contact your IT department.
If you wish the device to get an IP address automatically and do not need a static IP address:
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap the right arrow to advance to the next page.
- Tap Network Settings.
- Tap Change Network Settings.
- Tap Wired.
- Tap Advanced Options:
- Verify the network configuration is correct based on your network (DHCP vs Static IP and/or Proxy settings. For information about the connection settings required on your network, contact your IT department.
Solution 4: Check for firewall issues
Your network firewall may be blocking ports or addresses that are required for proper functioning of the device. Contact your IT department for assistance if needed.
For a complete list of the addresses that need to be unblocked, see the SendPro Mailstation Connectivity Guide.
Solution 5: Try Wi-Fi
If available, try a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection instead. See Setting up a wired network connection.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: February 11, 2021