Products affected: DA50s AddressRight® Addressing System, DA55s AddressRight® Addressing System, DA70s AddressRight® Addressing System, DA75s AddressRight® Addressing System, DA80s AddressRight® Addressing System, DA95f AddressRight® Addressing System
When printing to an AddressRight® Printer, nothing prints and no error messages are displayed.
There are communication issues between the computer and printer.
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure that the printer is online:
- Ensure that the power cord is plugged in and that the green light next to the online button is lit.
- Ensure that the USB cable or network cable is plugged in securely to both the printer and the computer.
- Ensure that the printer shows online:
- Windows 7:
- Select Start > Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window, ensure that the label printer appears and is not grayed out.
- Windows 8.1:
- Select Start, then select the magnifying glass in the upper right. In the search window, type Devices and Printers.
- Select Devices and Printers in the list.
- In the Devices and Printers window, ensure the label printer appears and is not grayed out.
- Windows 7:
- Check to see if the printer shows pending files to print:
- In the Devices and Printers window, double-click on the printer.
- Open the "See what's printing" window. If there are files listed, that means the files are unable to get to the printer to print. Proceed to the next step.
- Power cycle the printer:
- Turn the printer off.
- Unplug the printer from the power source for 4 minutes.
- Plug the printer back in and turn it on. Ensure that it is Online.
- In the Devices and Printers window, double-click on the printer. Open the "See what's printing" window and see if the files are now printing.
- If no files were in the "See what's printing" list, print a test envelope from Envelope Designer to the printer to see if it prints.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021