With SendPro Online, the Datamax MK III printer works on Windows, but not on a Mac.To install the printer
- Download the Datamax MK III driver.
- Near the top of the page, select Support & Downloads.
- On the left side of the page, select Downloads & Drivers.
- In the middle of the page, select E-Class Mark III.
- Select Windows Driver Ver. 7.4.2.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on the Datamax-O'Neil_2018.2.exe file.
- In the Security Warning box, select Run.
- Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and select Next.
- Do not change the installation directory. Select Next.
- Uncheck Read installation instructions and select Finish.
- The Driver Wizard should start automatically. If the wizard does not start automatically, go to the C:\Seagull\ folder and double-click on the DriverWizard.exe file.
- Select Install printer drivers and select Next.
- Select USB and select Next.
- When the installation is complete, select Finish.
To verify that the correct printer driver is being used
When the Datamax MK III printer is installed, Windows may assign it the wrong printer driver, causing SendPro to be unable to print. Follow these steps to ensure that the correct driver is being used:
- View your printers:
- Windows 8 or above: Right-click on the Windows Start icon and select Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Windows Vista or 7: Select the Windows Start icon > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Datamax MK III printer and select Printer Properties.
- In the Printer Properties, select the Advanced tab and look at the Driver menu:
- If the driver is Datamax MK III, the correct driver is being used. The installation is complete.
- If the driver is not Datamax MK III, select Datamax MK III from the Driver menu. If Datamax MK III is not listed in the menu, this means that the printer driver for the Datamax printer has not been installed. Install the driver as explained above.
- If the driver is Pitney Bowes 1E26, follow these steps to remove the Pitney Bowes 1E26 driver from your computer:
- Open the Print Server Properties:
- Windows 8 or above: Right-click on the Windows Start icon, select Run, type printui /s and select OK.
- Windows 7 or below: Select the Windows Start icon, type printui /s in the search box, and select printui /s.
- Select the Drivers tab.
- Select the Pitney Bowes 1E26 driver and select Remove.
- Select OK.
UPDATED: April 16, 2021