Products affected: J779 scanner, J785 scanner, SendSuite® Tracking, SendSuite® Arrival®
To pair a J779 or J785 scanner with a computer:
- Shut down Windows and turn off the computer.
- Remove the data and power cables from the charging cradle.
- Slide the gray tab on the scanner cover downward to remove the battery cover, then remove the battery.
- Plug the data cable (the cable that connects the cradle to the computer) into the cradle.
- Turn on the computer.
- Log in to Windows and wait until the Windows desktop is fully loaded.
- Plug the power cable into the cradle.
- Insert the battery into the scanner and replace the battery cover.
- Place the scanner into the cradle and ensure that there is a beep sound.
- Remove the scanner from the cradle.
- Scan one of the pairing barcodes located on the cradle. Note: Either of the two pairing barcodes can be used.
- Place the scanner into the cradle.
- On the computer, select Windows Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad to open the Windows Notepad program.
- To test the scanner, scan a standard barcode. The numbers of the barcode should appear in Notepad.
- Close Notepad (no need to save).
- Sign in to SendSuite® Tracking or SendSuite® Arrival®.
- Scan a package to make sure the system performs as expected.
UPDATED: June 03, 2021