How to send E-Certified Mail on the DM300C, DM400C, DM450C and DM475
Learn how to send E-Certified Mail on the DM300C, DM400C, DM450C and DM475.
Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM475™
Electronic Certified (E-Certified) Mail® is a service that may be added to First Class and Priority mail. E-Certified Mail provides proof of the date and time of delivery or attempted delivery. Return Receipt can be added to receive a physical confirmation of delivery. Electronic Return Receipt can be added to receive an electronic confirmation of delivery. To send E-Certified Mail:
- Place the mailpiece on the scale or enter the weight manually.
- Select Class.
- Select First Class.
- Select the mailpiece size.
- Select E-Certified.
Note: E-Certified is an optional feature. Contact your Pitney Bowes Sales Representative for information about options and pricing.
- To use the optional Return Receipt service, select Ret Receipt.
- To use the optional E-Return Receipt service, select E-Ret Receipt.
Note: E-Return Receipt is an optional feature. Contact your Pitney Bowes Sales Representative for information about options and pricing.
- Press Enter.
- Enter your ZIP code and press Enter.
- Enter the tracking number from your E-Certified label.
- Run the mailpiece through the meter.
- Affix the top portion of the E-Certified mail label at the top of the envelope to the left of the postage, inscription, and meter ad.
- Ensure that your system is connected to PC Meter Connect, a USB Ethernet Connectivity Kit, or WiFi Connection Device in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Center.
- Press Menu.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Data Center Options.
- Select Data Upload.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021