Products affected: SendSuite® Tracking
Before you begin, you will need:
- Access to your SendSuite Tracking server
- The link to the SendSuite Tracking installer. Your administrator will need to provide you with this address. It will take one of the following forms:
- Navigate to the SendSuite Tracking installer link provided by your administrator.
- Select the download link for the SendSuite Tracking Client installer.
- Select Save as and save the file on the computer.
- Right-click on the downloaded file SSTclient.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Select the Setup Language and select OK.
- If Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) is not already installed on the computer, you will be prompted to install it. If this dialog box is displayed, select Install.
- When the InstallShield Wizard opens, select Next. The Destination Folder dialog box will open.
- Enter the name or IP address of the server provided by your administrator.
- Select the connection type provided by your administrator.
- HTTP: Default, typical for on-premises (behind your firewall) deployment on a corporate intranet.
- HTTPS: Used for on-premises (behind your firewall) deployment on a corporate intranet where the web server is using a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate.
- HTTPS PBI Hosted: Used for deployments where the SendSuite Tracking application server is hosted by Pitney Bowes.
- The client key is an optional value used only when Key Exchange authentication is enabled. Key Exchange authentication is only used for deployments hosted by Pitney Bowes.
- Use default web proxy: Select this option to have the SendSuite Tracking Client use the default Windows proxy settings as configured for Internet Explorer. Consult your system administrator as to whether or not this option should be used.
- If applicable, enter the Client Key (Pitney Bowes hosted installations only).
Note: Key Exchange is not required for hosting.
- Select Next. The Custom Setup dialog box displays.
- Leave the settings in the Custom Setup dialog box as is, unless instructed otherwise by your administrator.
- Select Next. The Ready to Install window appears.
- Select Install.
- If you do not have ActiveSync (Windows XP) or WMDC (Windows Vista/7), you will be reminded to download and install it for use with the TAPlus. Select OK to clear this reminder.
- Select Finish.
- Select Windows Start > All Programs > SendSuite Tracking > Tracking to launch the SendSuite Tracking Client.
- Sign in to SendSuite Tracking to verify that the installation was successful.
UPDATED: April 08, 2021