If you are installing a SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro + for the very first time, follow these instructions.
- Before you begin
- Open the box
- Unpack the device
- Install the printhead
- Install the Ink Cartridge
- Connect device to a power source
- Continue installation steps
Before you begin
Before you being installing your new SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro +, you need to decide how you are going to pay for postage and what type of connection (wired or wireless) you want to use.
Set up your Postage Payment Method
Pitney Bowes offers different options to pay for postage for mailing and shipping. You must set up how you are going to pay for postage before you can use your meter or mailing system. Visit pitneybowes.com/us/support/postage/paying-for-postage.html for more information.
Choose your Connection Type
- Takes about 10 minutes
- Requires an available internet jack and power outlet
- Takes about 15 minutes
- Requires access to a wireless network and power outlet
Get account and password information
- If you are using WiFi, you need to know the name of your router and the password for the router.
- Email address and password that you use to sign into Your Account on Pitney Bowes.
- If you will be using the Create Shipping Labels application to create shipping labels, you will need the email address and password for that account.
- If you have logged into Your Account on Pitney Bowes, or if you have used SendPro Online to send a package, you can link to that account and use that email address and password.
- If you do not have an shipping label account, you will have the option of creating one during the installation.
Open the box
Here's a diagram and explanation of the items you should find in your box; if anything is missing please contact Pitney Bowes.
Unpack the device
Do not connect the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro + to a power source yet and be sure to grab the entire feeder and not just the flap.
Remove all the packing materials from your device.
Install the printhead
- Open the cover to access the ink carriage.
- Remove the packing tape from the ink carriage.
- Open the ink carriage guard.
- Unwrap the printhead and remove the protective strip.
- Squeeze the tabs and slide the printhead pegs into the lower set of grooves.
Warning: This step is critical to prevent system damage.
- Keep squeezing the tabs and push the printhead flush against the wall. Tabs will snap outward when placed correctly.
Install the Ink Cartridge
- Unwrap the ink cartridge and make sure you remove the silver foil strip from the ink cartridge.
- Install the ink cartridge and close the guard.
- Close the cover.
Connect the device to a power source
Connect the device to a power source and turn on the power switch.
Continue installation steps
Wait for system startup...
Then tap Get Started on the touchscreen and continue installation steps.
UPDATED: February 07, 2021