Replacing a print head on the Connect+ series and SendPro P
Try replacing your print head to improve print quality on the Connect+ 500W, Connect+ 1000, Connect+ 2000, Connect+ 3000, SendPro P1000, SendPro P1500, SendPro P2000 and SendPro P3000.
Products affected: Connect+® 500W, Connect+® 1000, Connect+® 2000, Connect+® 3000, SendPro® P1000, SendPro® P1500, SendPro® P2000, SendPro® P3000
Try replacing your print head to improve print quality.
- Select Settings under Mailing on the Home screen.
- Select Hardware.
- Select Printer.
- Select the Print head tab.
- Select Install new...
- Wait for the print carriage to be prepared and moved forward. This process may take a minute.
- Once the print carriage has moved forward, open the printer cover.
- Open the blue print head cover.
- Lift the blue print head handle up to a vertical position and then lift the print head straight up and out.
- Remove the new print head from its packaging.
- Shake the print head three times.
- Insert the new print head:
- The print head contact must be facing toward the front of the mailing system.
- During installation, only apply pressure to the center of the print head.
- Make sure the blue handle is down.
- Close the blue print head cover.
- Close the printer cover. The system will begin to prepare the print head. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the print head preparation is complete, you will be prompted to print a test sample on an envelope or tape.
- Select Start or Tape to print the test pattern.
- Check the test sample. If the lines are solid and unbroken, the sample is acceptable.
- Select Image is OK - Done.
- Press Home to return to the Home screen.
UPDATED: March 11, 2022