Poor print quality with a w1110 (1E27, 1E35, 1E40, 1E41, 1E45) label printer on the SendPro C Lite, SendPro C, SendPro+, SendPro C Auto
Ensure the cover is closed and clean the printhead to resolve poor print issues.
Products affected: SendPro® C Lite, SendPro® C, SendPro®+, SendPro® C Auto (2H00, 8H00, 9H00)
When printing 4 x 6" labels with a w1110 printer, the print quality is poor. This may include faded text, unreadable bar codes, or streaks through text and graphics.
The most likely cause is a build-up of debris on the printhead.
Solution 1: Close the cover
Ensure that the cover is closed tightly by firmly pressing down on each corner of the cover.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Clean the printhead
- Check for and remove any debris or label material on the rollers and printhead.
- Turn off the power switch and unplug the printer.
- Open the printer. Wait a few minutes for the printhead to cool.
- Remove any installed media. Using a cotton swab moistened (not soaked) with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the printhead.
- Reinstall the media, close the printer, plug it back in, and turn it on.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: March 18, 2022