To get the latest USPS rates, perform a rate update to ensure that you print accurate postage. Follow these steps to update and then confirm your USPS rates.
- Before you begin
- Update your USPS rates and software
- Confirm that your rates updated successfully
Step 1: Before you begin
- Print all necessary accounting reports if you use the accounting features.
- Power down the accounting system if AccuTrac™, SendSuite® Shipping or Ascent™ is connected to the system.
- Connect to a wired (LAN) or dial-up phone line, as you do for a postage refill.
- If your meter requires a Lock Code, you must enter it at this time to begin your download.
Step 2: Update your USPS rates and software
- Press the Funds key.
- Select Get Postage by Phone Balance, using the buttons on the left side of the screen.
- Select Done when the Balance Inquiry completes.
- Select Get Update Now at the Software Update Available screen.
- Select OK, Restart now. Files get stored and your meter restarts.
Important: When the system restarts, the Control Center display is blank for up to 5 minutes as the system refreshes. Do not disconnect power or press any buttons while the screen is blank.
- Several messages appear on your screen after your meter restarts:
- Updating …% completed
- Updating system……
- Please stand by……. (will take several minutes)
- System initialized and returned to home screen.
Your software update is complete.
- Repeat steps 1-5. If meters have a software update along with a new rate update, a second connection is necessary.
Step 3: Confirm that your rates updated successfully
- Wait two hours.
- Click the Confirm Meter Update button to verify that your update installed successfully:
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.Important
- This update takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete.
- During peak periods, heavy network traffic may require several connection attempts.
- Some steps below may vary slightly from what you see on your meter. If so, follow the meter prompts to complete the update.
UPDATED: December 31, 2020