When opening SendSuite® Xpress or Ascent™, the following error appears:
"Ascent/Xpress is unable to communicate with the Meter.
Correct the problem with the Meter and try again. Retry?"
Either PC Meter Connect is running or there are updates or uploads pending on the meter.
- In the System Tray (small icons near the clock), look for an icon called PC Meter Connect.
- If there is no PC Meter Connect icon, proceed to step 2.
- If there is a PC Meter Connect icon:
- Right-click on it and select Exit.
- Close and reopen SendSuite Xpress or Ascent. The meter should connect.
- If the issue is not resolved, proceed to step 2.
- Close SendSuite Xpress or Ascent and restart the meter.
- Once the meter is back to the normal shipping screen, on the meter select Menu > Data Center Options.
Note: In order to connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center for updates, the meter needs be connected to the internet. If you use PC Meter Connect connect the meter to the internet, PC Meter Connect must be activated.
- Under Data Center Options, select Check for Updates. If an update is available, the option for Download Now will appear. Select it to download the update.
- Once updates are complete, you will receive a message that it was successful and an option to return home. Select the option to return home.
- Go to Menu > Data Center Options and select the Data Upload option.
- Once the Data Upload is complete, select the option to Continue.
- The meter will prompt to Check for Updates again. If any updates are available, download and install them as before.
- Once complete, if PC Meter Connect was activated on the computer to perform updates, close it as described in step 1.
- Reopen SendSuite Xpress or Ascent.
UPDATED: February 18, 2021