Crunching paper or crooked folds on the DI900, DI950
Crunching paper or crooked folds
Jams and crooked folds may start in a different area of the machine than where the issue is initially discovered. Check upstream areas of the machine for possible sources of the problem.
This issue can be caused by many things, including:
- Misaligned feeder side guides. The guides keep insert material straight as it travels through the system. Over time, the guides may shift and impede insertion.
- Poor material condition.
- Poor roller condition. Toner build-up or worn edges can diminish the roller's ability to grasp or drive the material correctly.
- Learn how to recognize and correct insertion stalls .
- Ensure good material condition to help avoid paper stoppages.
- Aerate and neatly stack your paper to facilitate separation when feeding.
- Remove material with warped or flared edges as it can produce misfeeds and jams.
- Learn how to properly handle and store materials .
- Visually inspect the roller and clean or replace if necessary.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: March 11, 2022