When installing or upgrading to SendSuite Tracking version 14.2 or higher, the message "Error 27502. Could not connect to SQL Server [server name]. A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configure..." appears.
- On the application server, download and install the SQL Native Client bundle from Microsoft.
- Restart the server, if required.
- Attempt the installation again.
- Open the ODBC administrator:
- In the Windows Search field, type ODBC.
- Click on ODBC Data Sources. Choose 32-bit or 64-bit based on your operating system's architecture.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator window, click on the Drivers tab.
- Confirm that the SQL Server Native Client 11.0 is installed and that all of the values are as follows:
- Name: SQL Server Native Client 11.0
- Version: 2011.110.x.x. or greater
- Company: Microsoft Corporation
- File: SQLNCLI11.DLL
- Date: 1/6/2018 or newer
UPDATED: June 03, 2021