"Waste Tank Full" or "Waste Tank Near Full" message on the DM125 or DM225
The message "Waste Tank Full” or “Waste Tank Near Full” appears and the franking machine may not print.
Excess ink from when the franking machine cleans the printhead and from heavy use will eventually fill the ink waste tank in the franking machine.
When the ink waste tank nears capacity, the franking machine shows the message "Waste Tank Near Full". When the ink waste tank reaches full capacity, the franking machine shows "Waste Tank Full".
"Waste Tank Full", "Waste Tank Near Full", or similar messages indicate that your ink system has reached capacity and the ink waste pad needs to be replaced. The machine will not operate until you replace the ink waste pad and clear the message.
Follow these steps in order.
- Order a new ink waste pad.
- When the new ink waste pad arrives, watch this video or follow the instructions below to install it.
IMPORTANT: Ink can stain skin or permanently damage clothing. Gloves are included in the kit for your convenience.
- Remove the new ink waste pad and plastic holder from the envelope and set them aside.
- On the side of the meter, squeeze the handles of the ink waste pad tray and slide the tray out of the machine.
- Carefully lift out the plastic waste pad holder using gloves or a paper towel, and place it into the envelope that the new waste pad came in.
- Seal the used ink tray in the plastic bag that the new ink try came in. Dispose of the old ink tray.
- Insert the new plastic waste pad holder and waste pad into the ink tray, and reinsert the tray back into the machine.
- From the home screen, select Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Select Maintenance Mode.
- Select Printer Maintenance.
- Press Page Down once.
- Select Reset Waste Tank.
- Select Yes.
- If the machine asks for a code to proceed, enter 9287.
- Select Continue.
- Select Press to restart.
UPDATED: October 09, 2023