The message "Waste Tank Full” or “Waste Tank Near Full” appears and the may not print.
Excess ink from when the cleans the printhead and from heavy use will eventually fill the ink waste tank in the .
When the ink waste tank nears capacity, the shows the message "Waste Tank Near Full". When the ink waste tank reaches full capacity, the shows "Waste Tank Full".
"Waste Tank Full", "Waste Tank Near Full", or similar messages indicate that your ink system has reached capacity and the ink waste pad needs to be replaced. The machine will not operate until you replace the ink waste pad and clear the message.
You must replace the ink waste pad before attempting to clear this message.
Follow these steps in order.
- Order a new ink waste pad.
- When the new ink waste pad arrives, watch this video or follow the instructions below to install it.
IMPORTANT: Ink can stain skin or permanently damage clothing. Gloves are included in the kit for your convenience.
- Remove the new ink waste pad and plastic holder from the envelope and set them aside.
- On the side of the meter, squeeze the handles of the ink waste pad tray and slide the tray out of the machine.
- Carefully lift out the plastic waste pad holder using gloves or a paper towel, and place it into the envelope that the new waste pad came in.
- Insert the new plastic waste pad holder and waste pad into the ink tray, and reinsert the tray back into the machine.
- From the home screen, select Options.
- Press Page Down twice.
- Select Advanced Features.
- Select Maintenance Mode.
- Select Printer Maintenance.
- Press Page Down once.
- Select Reset Waste Tank.
- If the machine asks for a code to proceed, enter 9287.
- Select Press to restart.
UPDATED: September 21, 2021