The red light is flashing on the Datamax W1110, 1E35, 1E40, 1E41, or 1E45 label printer.
Several different issues can cause the red light to flash.
Solution 1: Ensure that the printer cover is closed tightly
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Reinstall the paper roll
For instructions, see Installing the roll in the Datamax W1110 printer for SendPro Online.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 3.
Solution 3: Realign the roll feed
- Open the printer’s top cover and feed the label so that it is ¼ inch out of the printer. Close the cover.
- Press and hold the Stop/Resume and the Feed/Cancel buttons simultaneously until the rollers begin to move the media. Immediately release both buttons when the media begins to move. The media should advance one label and the left LED should be solid green.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 4.
Solution 4: Turn the printer off and back on
- Turn the printer off for 60 seconds.
- Turn the printer back on. The LEDs will flash red and green for about 30 seconds while the printer restarts.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 5.
Solution 5: Clean the printhead
- Check for and remove any debris or label material on the rollers and printhead.
- Turn off the power switch and unplug the printer.
- Open the printer. Wait a few minutes for the printhead to cool.
- Remove any installed media. Using a cotton swab moistened (not soaked) with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the printhead.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: February 10, 2021