Flashing red light on the Datamax W1110 (1E35, 1E40, 1E41, or 1E45) label printer in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or SendPro Online
- Solution 1: Ensure that the printer cover is closed tightly
- Solution 2: Reinstall the paper roll
- Solution 3: Realign the roll feed
- Solution 4: Turn the printer off and back on
- Solution 5: Clean the printhead
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
For instructions, see Installing the roll in the Datamax W1110, 1E35, 1E40, 1E41, or 1E45 printer.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 3.
- Open the printer’s top cover and feed the label so that it is ¼ inch out of the printer. Close the cover.
- Press and hold the Stop/Resume and the Feed/Cancel buttons simultaneously until the rollers begin to move the media. Immediately release both buttons when the media begins to move. The media should advance one label and the left LED should be solid green.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 4.
- Turn the printer off for 60 seconds.
- Turn the printer back on. The LEDs will flash red and green for about 30 seconds while the printer restarts.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 5.
- Check for and remove any debris or label material on the rollers and printhead.
- Turn off the power switch and unplug the printer.
- Open the printer. Wait a few minutes for the printhead to cool.
- Remove any installed media. Using a cotton swab moistened (not soaked) with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the printhead.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: August 18, 2023