When attempting to install ConnectRight™ Mailer, the message "Product key is not a valid format" is displayed.
ConnectRight Mailer has not been updated to the latest version of software.
This error typically appears when following the instructions in the article on How to download and install ConnectRight Mailer
and entering the Product Key
(Business Partner Number / Customer Account Number). The Product Key and the BPN/CAN are contained in your ConnectRight Mailer Welcome Letter that you received in the mail. If you cannot find your Welcome Letter, contact us.
A BPN is a 10-digit number starting with 2 zeros. A CAN is an 11-digit number. The Product Key is an alphanumeric string between 26-32 characters.
- Example BPN: 0012345678
- Example CAN: 12345678910
- Example Product Key: 1234 5678 9ABC DEFG HIJK LMNO PQRS
When attempting to install ConnectRight Mailer, if the error "Product key is not a valid format" appears, follow these instructions to update the version of ConnectRight Mailer:
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Pitney Bowes\ConnectRight Mailer.
- Double-click on the file named CRMSoftwareUpdate.exe.
- The Software Update window appears. After the update completes, select Finish.
- Double-click on the file named ConnectRight Mailer.exe.
- In the Enter Product Key window, enter your Product Key and BPN/CAN, and select Validate. The message “Product key is not a valid format” should no longer appear.
If the message still appears, contact technical support.Note:
To check your software version in ConnectRight Mailer, select Help
. The version of ConnectRight Mailer you are using will be displayed.
UPDATED: February 17, 2021