The meter cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through a wired connection using a USB Ethernet network adapter.
Your connection issues can be caused by:
- your settings
- your physical connection
- your firewall
There are four ways to troubleshoot this device; try them in this order:
- Restart your meter
- Check your meter's physical connection
- Check your network settings
- Check your firewall settings
Solution 1: Restart your meter
- Turn your power off with the power switch.
- Wait for the screen to turn off.
- Wait one full minute.
- Turn your power switch back on.
If restarting your meter does not resolve your issue, try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Check your meter's physical connection
- Make sure that your meter does not connect to a phone line or to a computer using PC Meter Connect.
- Check that the LEDs (lights) located on the USB Ethernet adapter are visible within one minute of turning on your meter.
- Either the 10 or 100 LED indicators should be on (solid green). These lights indicate your connection's data transfer rate.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable and USB Ethernet adapter are plugged in firmly if no transfer rate is indicated.
- Turn your meter off using the power switch.
- Move your USB Ethernet adapter to the other USB port.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 using the other USB port.
- If the LEDs are not lit, verify that the other end of the Ethernet cable is plugged into a router or wall jack with an active connection.
- If the Ethernet cable is plugged in firmly, try a different cable.
- If there are still no lights after installing a new Ethernet cable, contact technical support. Have your model number ready.
If checking your physical connections does not resolve your issue, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check your network settings
Check with your IT department or service provider for the requirements and to find out if any network settings have changed. If anything has changed, update the meter settings accordingly.
For details, see Setting up a wired connection using a USB Ethernet network adapter on the DM300C-DM450C.
If checking your network settings does not resolve your issue, try Solution 4.
Solution 4: Firewall issues
Certain file extensions, URLs, ports, and protocols must be allowed through your network firewall in order for the meter to connect. Verify with your IT department or service provider that your firewall is configured to meet all of the requirements stated in the DM Series LAN Connection Setup Guide
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: February 22, 2021