Changing the default local port for the HubCapp Peripheral Agent in SendPro Enterprise
By default, HubCapp Peripheral Agent uses the local port of 50000 for accessing the application's configuration and diagnostics site. You can change this to a different port if needed.
These instructions apply only to HubCapp Peripheral Agent; HubCapp Data Agent does not support other ports.
This change applies only to the computer on which this procedure is being performed; only the local workstation is affected.
To change from the default port to an different port:
- If any browser tabs are currently open to the HubCapp Peripheral Agent configuration page, close them.
- If the HubCapp Peripheral Agent application is running, close it:
- Right-click on the HubCapp Peripheral Agent icon in the System Tray (small icons by the clock).
- Click Exit.
- Open a text editor program such as Notepad as an administrator:
- Locate the text editor program on the Start menu, in File Explorer, or by searching.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- In the text editor program, go to File > Open and open C:\Program Files (x86)\HubCapp Peripheral Agent\Setup.xml.
- Adjust the MinPortNumber and MaxPortNumber values as needed:
- MinPortNumber: HubCapp will use a port number above this value.
- MaxPortNumber: HubCapp will use a port number below this value.
- Save the file.
- Close the text editor program.
- Launch HubCapp Peripheral Agent:
- Click the Windows button.
- Type HubCapp.
- Click on HubCapp Peripheral Agent.
- Open the HubCapp Peripheral Agent configuration page and verify the port:
- Right-click on the HubCapp Peripheral Agent icon in the System Tray (small icons by the clock) and choose Configure.
- In the browser tab's address bar, the port implemented should be within the range that you set.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021