By default, HubCapp Peripheral Agent uses the local port of 50000 for accessing the application's configuration and diagnostics site. You can change this to a different port if needed.
These instructions apply only to HubCapp Peripheral Agent; HubCapp Data Agent does not support other ports.
This change applies only to the computer on which this procedure is being performed; only the local workstation is affected.
To change from the default port to an different port:
- If any browser tabs are currently open to the HubCapp Peripheral Agent configuration page, close them.
- If the HubCapp Peripheral Agent application is running, close it:
- Right-click on the HubCapp Peripheral Agent icon in the System Tray (small icons by the clock).
- Click Exit.
- Open a text editor program such as Notepad as an administrator:
- Locate the text editor program on the Start menu, in File Explorer, or by searching.
- Right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- In the text editor program, go to File > Open and open C:\Program Files (x86)\HubCapp Peripheral Agent\Setup.xml.
- Adjust the MinPortNumber and MaxPortNumber values as needed:
- MinPortNumber: HubCapp will use a port number above this value.
- MaxPortNumber: HubCapp will use a port number below this value.
- Save the file.
- Close the text editor program.
- Launch HubCapp Peripheral Agent:
- Click the Windows button.
- Type HubCapp.
- Click on HubCapp Peripheral Agent.
- Open the HubCapp Peripheral Agent configuration page and verify the port:
- Right-click on the HubCapp Peripheral Agent icon in the System Tray (small icons by the clock) and choose Configure.
- In the browser tab's address bar, the port implemented should be within the range that you set.
UPDATED: February 09, 2021