Poor print quality on the PB-SP100 (1E47, 1E48, 1E51, or 1E53) label printer
When printing labels on the PB-SP100 printer, the print quality is poor. This may include faded text, unreadable bar codes, or streaks through text and graphics.
Solution 1: Close the cover
Ensure that the cover is closed tight by firmly pressing down on each corner of the cover.
If the issue is not resolved, try solution 2.
Solution 2: Clean the printhead
- Check for and remove any debris or label material on the rollers and printhead.
- Turn off the power switch and unplug the printer.
- Open the printer. Wait a few minutes for the printhead to cool.
- Remove any installed media. Using a cotton swab moistened (not soaked) with isopropyl alcohol, thoroughly clean the printhead.
- Reinstall the media, close the printer, plug it back in, and turn it back on.
If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021