Managing departments using the Locker Management module
You can manage the departments on your system. A department is a collection of recipients. Each department can include a key contact who is the individual who most often picks up department packages at the lockers. The key contact can also provide additional help and information to other contacts within the department.
You can add departments, edit or delete existing departments in the system.
To access the manage departments screen:
- Click on the Settings icon on the menu at the top of the Home screen.
- Select the Manage Contacts option.
The system displays the Manage Contacts screen.
- Click on Department in the Manage Contact screen.
The system opens the manage department screen.
- Use this image to show where on manage department screen you access each of the department tasks.
Refer to the sections below.
- Click on + Add Department. This opens the Add Department screen.
- Enter the department name.
- Click on Select and choose a location.
- Click on the Save and Add Recipient button. This opens the Add recipient to Department screen.
- Click on the check box for each recipient you want to add to the department.
- If you want to designate one of the recipients as a key contact, click on the Make Key Contact button for that recipient.
- Click Add when done. The new department appears in the manage department screen along with the number of contacts in the department and the name of the key contact.
- Locate the contact on the manage department screen.
- Click on the Editicon for that contact. This opens the Edit Department screen and displays a list of all the available recipients.
- Make your changes to the list. You can remove an existing recipient, designate a new key contact, or add more recipients.
- Click Save when done.
- Locate the NAME of the department you want to delete in the manage department screen and click on the Delete icon.
- The system prompts you to confirm that you want to delete the department.
- Click Confirmto delete the department.
UPDATED: August 24, 2021