Creating and printing mail drop route barcodes in SendSuite Tracking
A mail route barcode is used to ensure that a stop has been made at a location by scanning the barcode when the delivery person is following a certain mail route.
In order to create mail drops and mail stops, sites and buildings must already be set up in SendSuite Tracking.
- On the computer that has SendSuite Tracking, sign in to the SendSuite Tracking Administrator page with an administrator-level account.
Caution: Be careful when in the SendSuite Tracking Admin site. Changes made there will affect other sites.
- Select Support.
- Select Mail Run Tracking > Mail Drops.
- Select New.
- Enter the name of the new mail stop in both the Mail Drop/Location ID and Name/Description fields. Be sure to enter the same name in both fields.
- Select the Site Name.
- Choose the Building ID.
- (Optional) Add a Floor name.
- Leave the Drop time blank.
- Select Save.
- Select Mail Run Tracking > Routes.
- Select Edit next to the route you are adding to. If a route does not exist, you will need to create a new one.
- Select Show Route Sequence.
- Select Add Route Sequence.
- Select the new mail drop that you just created.
- In the Sequence column, set where you would like this to keep in line with delivery/pickup. If the sequence is already set for another drop, it should shift the sequence of the remaining drops downward.
- Select Update on the record.
- Select Save.
- Sign out of the SendSuite Tracking Admin page.
- Open the Client.
- Select Route > Route Labels.
- Select the route you were working with and uncheck the box.
- Select the new maildrop you just added.
- Select Print Selected.
- (Optional) Choose any barcodes that you would like to reprint if necessary.
UPDATED: December 15, 2021