Administrative tasks to perform shown in Business Manager
Administrative tasks to perform are shown in the Business Manager toolbar.
Business Manager detected discrepancies or missing or unverified transactions.
- Unverified transactions to process
- Required discrepancy correction: Zero total amount
- Required discrepancy correction: Negative total amount or pieces
- Required discrepancy correction: Positive total amount or pieces
- Select the Unverified transaction to process icon.
- Check the Actions List to confirm which part of the transaction requires corrections.
- User is red or blank: There is no user assigned to the transaction, or the user is deactivated or misspelled. Correct the user issue or assign to a different user. See Editing a user in Business Manager.
- Account is red or blank: There is no account assigned to the transaction, or the account is locked. Unlock the account or assign to a different account. See How to lock or unlock accounts in Business Manager.
- Job is red or blank: Job is not a required field. Leave blank or assign a job to the transaction.
- Select the transaction you need to correct. If multiple transactions require the same correction, hold down the Ctrl key and select each of them so that you can correct them all at the same time. (Business Manager version 8 or higher only)
- To assign a user, select the user from the user list, then select the first Apply the changes to the selection.
- To assign an account, select the account from the account list or search for it, then select the first Apply the changes to the selection.
- To assign a job, select the job from the job list, then select the first Apply the changes to the selection.
- Once all transactions have been corrected, select Confirm.
Required discrepancy correction
Check the discrepancy message and perform the following action(s).
- Run a $0 tape on the meter.
- Select Manage Accounts to upload the transaction to the server.
- Open Business Manager Connect+ and select Download Transaction. The discrepancies should be cleared after a few minutes.
If the discrepancies are not cleared, contact support using the Contact Us options below.
These discrepancies must be corrected by a Pitney Bowes representative. Contact support using the Contact Us options below.
If the meter is a Connect+/SendPro P-Series meter, contact support using the Contact Us options below.
If the meter is an Infinity or DM Series meter, follow the steps below.
- Select the Required discrepancy correction icon.
- If multiple meters require a discrepancy correction, you will see a Corrupted Transaction screen. Select one of the meters and select Confirm.
- Select the Detailed entry tab, then select Trans Detail.
- Select one of the transactions.
- Select the Overall entry tab.
- Select a rate category from the list of current categories.
If the list is blank or does not match the transaction, add a rate category:
- Select Other rate category.
- Select a carrier, then select Next.
- Select a class type, then select Next.
- Select Confirm if done or select Next to continue to the fees.
- If you want to save this rate category so that you can select it from the list next time, select Save.
- Change the Date of transaction to the date the transaction should be logged against.
- Select Confirm.
- Repeat for additional discrepancies.
UPDATED: February 09, 2022