Using FedEx Ground Economy in PitneyShip Pro
FedEx Ground Economy (formerly SmartPost) is a residential ground service available in the US, in which the package ships via FedEx, but is delivered by USPS.
When using FedEx Ground Economy, FedEx charges for the shipping costs. The cost of the shipping label does not come out of your USPS postage balance.
Shipping with FedEx Ground Economy
- When creating a label, select My Packaging.
- Select a FedEx Ground Economy service.
- Select any desired extra services and complete the label as usual.
Note: FedEx Ground Economy labels have two barcodes, one for FedEx and one for USPS.
Closing the Day for FedEx Ground Economy
When using FedEx Ground Economy, it is recommended that you "close the day" at the end of each shipping day. If you do not close the day, FedEx will finalize them as they are processed in the mail stream. To do this:
- Select > Close FedEx Ground Economy.
- Select the FedEx Account and select Close Day.
UPDATED: February 11, 2022