Importing orders in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
You can import a spreadsheet of orders as a CSV or XLSX file. You can either download a template to use, or use your own format and map your data after import.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- From the Home screen or the Ship Orders. menu, select
- Select Upload File
- To download a template to use to format your orders, select .csv template or .xlsx template.
- Select Download your carrier, sub-carrier accounts and service level values for reference to download a file showing your carrier, sub-carrier accounts, and service level values. Use the information from this file to fill in the Carrier, Sub-Carrier Accounts and Service Level fields in the shipment template.
- Input your orders into the shipment template spreadsheet and save it as a CSV or XLSX file.
- Select Browse and select your file.
- If you want the recipients in your file added to your PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro address book, select Add recipient contact data using my imported data.
- Select Continue.
- In the Map Imported Fields window, match your CSV file fields in the Your Imported Headers column with the PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro fields in the Mapping column.
The Overrides column allows you to overwrite certain information in your spreadsheet with another value. For instance, if you want to use USPS for your carrier on all orders, you can select USPS in the Overrides column next to Carrier. For Order ID, any value entered in the Overrides column will be added to the beginning of the Order ID with an underscore, for example, MyOverride_11200.
- If you want to save these mapping choices for future imports, select Remember mapping choices for future imports.
- Select Continue.
- In the Address verification options window, choose whether to use the suggested, verified addresses or keep the original addresses from the import file. If you choose Use Original, you will need to verify each address individually after importing.
- Select Import Orders.
- Once the orders are imported, select Done.
Note: Orders that are marked as Already in Process are orders that were imported by someone else. Only the user who imported an order can edit or print a label for it.
UPDATED: November 09, 2023