Requesting a USPS shipping label refund in PitneyShip Pro
You can request a USPS label refund up to 30 days from the date on which you printed it.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select > Request a Refund. Only the shipments that are eligible for a refund are shown.
- Select the USPS label you wish to refund to expand it.
- Select the Request Refund button. The Request Refund button only appears for unused labels that have not been scanned by USPS.
- Select the box to agree to the conditions.
- Select Continue.
USPS First-Class Large Envelopes
For USPS First-Class Large Envelopes, the process is different.
- Select > Request a Refund.
- Select the arrow next to the transaction you wish to refund to expand it.
- Select the boxes next to the labels you wish to refund. You can select labels from more than one transaction to be refunded at the same time.
- Once all of the First-Class Envelope labels for which you need to request a refund are selected, select the Print Refund Form button.
- Confirm the labels to be refunded and select Print Form. To remove labels from this refund request, uncheck the boxes on this screen.
- The PDF form opens. Your information and the selected labels will already be filled in. Do not write any other labels or stamps on the form. (If you need to refund additional labels, follow the steps above to create another form.) Print and sign the form.
- Mail the form and the spoiled postage to the address provided.
Important: The original spoiled or misprinted label must be mailed in along with the form. If it is not included, the USPS will reject the request.
UPDATED: January 23, 2023