Creating an ERR shipping label in PitneyShip Pro
You can create and print an ERR shipping label for a package or envelope.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
Watch this video or follow the steps below to learn how to create an ERR shipping label.
- Select the Certified Mail tab.
- Select Electronic Return Receipt. You can also select ERR from the Shipping & Mailing menu.
- If you need to change the sender (from) address, select the From address in the upper left and select one of the following options:
- To make a change to the currently selected address, select Edit sender address, make the necessary changes, and select Done.
- To enter a new sender address, select Add new sender address, enter the address, and select Done.
- To select a different sender address from your address book, select View all senders and select the desired address.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- To email the tracking number when you print the label, select the Email the tracking number box and enter the email address.
- Select the class, First-Class Mail or Priority Mail.
- Select the package type from the My Packaging menu. Available options vary based on the selected class.
- Select the specific packaging type from the Type menu. Available options vary based on the previous selection.
- Enter the package dimensions and weight if required for the package type.
- (Optional) Select a cost account from the Cost Account menu.
- (Optional) Enter Shipper Reference and Shipping Notes if needed. Shipping Notes can contain any notes about the shipment up to 256 characters. For additional reference fields, select More accounting and reference options (optional). Note that Reference 2, 3, and 4 are for FedEx only.
- Print the label:
- For ERR Priority Mail or ERR First-Class Package, select Print Shipping Label.
- For ERR First-Class Mail Letter or Flat, select the desired output on the right, then select Print Coversheet and Stamp, Print Barcode Label and Stamp, or Process and print postage.
- Select the printer and print size.
- (Optional) Select Print Sample to print a test label.
- Select Print.
UPDATED: April 19, 2022