Envelopes print to the wrong tray in PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro for Windows
Envelopes printed from PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro print to the wrong tray.
The printer settings are not correct.
- Solution 1: Verify that the correct envelope settings are selected
- Solution 2: Ensure that the correct paper size is selected on your printer
Solution 1: Verify that the correct envelope settings are selected
- In PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro, select Settings > Stamp Options.
- Change the Envelope Size to the type of envelope you are using.
- Change Printer to the printer you are using.
- Change the Printer Tray to the tray being used for envelopes.
- Select Advanced Printer Settings for Envelopes and choose the correct options for your printer.
- Go back to the Print Envelopes screen and select Test Print.
- Select the printer in question.
- Select Print Stamps.
Before you continue
Some of these troubleshooting steps require you to make changes to your printer’s default settings, which may affect other programs. If you wish to avoid changing settings back and forth between PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro and other programs, we recommend you first install a duplicate instance of your printer by creating custom printer settings dedicated to PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro.
Solution 2: Ensure that the correct paper size is selected on your printer
- Press the Windows Key + R key.
- Type Control Panel.
- Click OK.
- Change the View By: field to Small icons.
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and select Printing preferences.
- Change the paper size to Envelope #10 (it may be named COM-10 depending on your printer model).
- Change the default tray to the envelope tray (this may be named Bypass, Manual or Multipurpose depending on your printer model).
- Select OK.
- Return to PitneyShip or PitneyShip Pro and try again.
Note: The location of these settings vary from printer to printer. If there is no way to change the default paper size or default tray in Printing preferences, right-click on the printer and choose Printer properties to look for the options there.
If the issue is not resolved, please refer to Compatible printers and scales for PitneyShip and PitneyShip Pro.
If you need further assistance, please contact us.
UPDATED: April 27, 2023