"An error has occurred" message when printing with DeviceHub in PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise
When printing with DeviceHub, the message "An error has occurred" appears.
The printer driver being used is not compatible with DeviceHub.
- Solution 1: Make sure that DeviceHub is installed
- Solution 2: Verify that DeviceHub is running
- Solution 3: Make sure that your printer is connected and online
- Solution 4: Reconnect DeviceHub
- Solution 5: Uninstall and reinstall DeviceHub
- Solution 6: Update the print driver
- Solution 7: Check compatible envelope printers or print to PDF
To install DeviceHub, see the instructions for your product:
There should be a DeviceHub icon in the Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar to show that it is running.
If this icon is missing, find DeviceHub in your programs list and restart it.
Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.
- In PitneyShip, PitneyShip Pro, or PitneyShip Enterprise, go to Settings > My Devices.
- Verify that the printer shows an Online or Idle status.
- If the printer is not listed, or the status is Offline or Other, check the following:
- Make sure that the printer is installed on the computer.
- In Windows, go to Settings > Devices > Printers and make sure that the printer is present and online.
- On Mac, go to Apple menu > System Settings > Printers & Scanners and make sure that the printer is present and online.
- Verify that the printer is turned on and awake.
- Verify that the printer is on and is connected correctly to the computer.
- Once the printer is connected and online, try to print again.
- Find the DeviceHub icon in Windows system tray (small icons near the clock) or Mac OS menu bar.
- Right-click on the DeviceHub icon and choose Reconnect.
- Once the DeviceHub icon appears, hover your mouse over the icon to see the connection status and wait until it shows an Online status.
- Go to HP's Universal Print Driver download page.
- Select the + symbol next to Driver-Universal Print Driver.
- Select the Download button for HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PostScript.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Select Unzip in the WinZip Self-Extractor wizard window.
- Select Yes to the License Agreement.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation. Steps may vary based on your HP printer model and connection type.
If you are using a non-HP printer, go to your printer manufacturer's website and download and install the latest version of the printer driver for your printer.
- If printing on envelopes, and the issue is not resolved, please refer to Compatible printers and scales..
- If printing stamp sheets or shipping labels, choose Print to PDF instead of your printer in the Print Options window.
UPDATED: December 26, 2023