Setting up FedEx Ground Economy in PitneyShip Pro
FedEx Ground Economy (formerly SmartPost) is a residential ground service available in the US, in which the package ships via FedEx, but is delivered by USPS. When using FedEx Ground Economy, FedEx charges for the shipping costs. The cost of the shipping label does not come out of your USPS postage balance.
If you have FedEx Ground Economy on your FedEx contract, check the My account includes Ground Economy box when you set up your FedEx account in PitneyShip Pro.
- If you check this box but you do not actually have FedEx Ground Economy on your contract, no error will be displayed. If you do not have FedEx Ground Economy in your carrier contract, you will not see any FedEx Ground Economy shipping options when creating a label.
If you sign up for FedEx Ground Economy after your FedEx account is already set up in PitneyShip Pro, follow these steps to set it up in PitneyShip Pro.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Manage Carriers.
- Select the Edit Carrier icon next to your FedEx account.
- Select My account includes Ground Economy.
- Select the Hub that was assigned to you by FedEx when you added Ground Economy to your FedEx contract.
- Select Save and Close.
UPDATED: September 02, 2022