Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for IntelliLink Desktop
- Will IntelliLink Desktop update all of my Pitney Bowes software products?
- Does my computer need to remain connected to the internet?
- When does IntelliLink Desktop check for updates?
- How will I know when an update is available?
- Can I change my settings?
- What should I do when an update is available?
- How do I know when an update has been successfully installed?
- Can I see a list of updates downloaded and installed?
- Can I choose which updates to install?
- Can I skip an update if I don’t want to install it?
- Can I sign up for emails that tell me when an update is available?
- Can I download updates to another computer?
IntelliLink Desktop updates the following Pitney Bowes products:
- SendSuite Xpress
- Business Manager
All other products continue to be updated using the standard process.
Yes, IntelliLink Desktop needs an active internet connection to check for updates.
IntelliLink Desktop checks for updates every 24 hours. You can also click the Check Now button to check for updates any time.
IntelliLink Desktop lists available updates for your system in the user interface. An information balloon in the system tray indicates that an update is available
Changes can be made to how IntelliLink Desktop manages the download of your updates on the Settings tab. There are three settings which can be made:
- How and when to download updates.
- Download destination for updates.
- Email address to be informed of updates via email.
IntelliLink Desktop lists updates that are available for download or install. A button next to each file indicates the action that can be taken.
- A Download button indicates that a new update is available. Click on the Download button to start downloading. Once downloaded, the button changes to Install.
- An Install button indicates that an update has been successfully downloaded and is ready for install. Click on the Install button to begin installation. Once installed, the update gets removed from the list.
After updates are successfully installed, they get removed from the IntelliLink Desktop updates list.
Yes, the History tab lists when each update was downloaded and installed.
Yes, however all updates provided through IntelliLink Desktop are important for the products installed on your system. If you choose not to install an update, your system will not be up to date.
- IntelliLink Desktop allows only Optional and Recommended updates to be skipped. Click the Skip this Update option for the update you wish to skip. You can skip a specific update or all updates for that component. This setting can be changed by clicking Don’t Skip.
- Mandatory updates cannot be skipped.
Yes, you can enter your email addresses for notifications on the Settings tab. These email addresses are only used to inform you that updates are available for your Pitney Bowes software. You can add multiple email addresses if you like.
You can download updates to another computer through a UNC Network Location (Universal Naming Convention). IntelliLink Desktop does not support downloading to mapped network drives.