Return Cancelled Equipment

Information on how to request to cancel a contract and how to return a machine. Also, learn how to apply for a refund of unused postage once a contract has been cancelled.
For steps to return a replacement meter due to faulty or upgraded equipment: See Return a Replacement Meter.

To comply with USPS® regulations and maintain your security, you must follow specific steps to correctly return your meter to Pitney Bowes.
1 Initiate Cancellation Request  
2 Prep the meter for Return  
3 Return the Equipment
4 Managing Unused Postage Funds

Initiate Cancellation Request 

Before submitting a cancellation request why not review our Lease Offers Portal? With just one click you may find a new contract offer better suited to your business needs.
  1. If you have reviewed the lease offers above and still wish to cancel, Call Pitney Bowes at 1-844-256-6444 and just say "Cancel" to bypass the options.
    • 💡Tip: Have your 10-digit Account number, located at the top of your invoice, available when you call.  
  2. Once the request to cancel the contract has been submitted, a representative will be assigned to your case and will assist with completing your request. Instructions will be provided on how to decommission your meter and return it to Pitney Bowes. 
Back To Top>


Withdraw Unused Postage Funds

Funds withdrawn from a meter are returned to the original funding source. If the original funding source was a USPS prepaid account, review USPS prepaid withdrawals before continuing.
Instructions for withdrawing unused postage
Select your model from the meter list below for instructions on how to withdraw unused postage, if your meter model is not listed, use the Contact Us tab below to connect with a representative. 
Note: You can pack and ship non-functioning equipment back to Pitney Bowes as-is using your return kit. Funds from the inoperable meter will be withdrawn at our facility and credited to the account.

Back To Top>

Return a Meter 

Following a successful cancellation request, a return kit will be provided with a shipping label and instructions to return a meter to Pitney Bowes. 
Note: If a Pitney Bowes technician is required to return a machine, this will be advised by the Pitney Bowes representative upon the successful completion of a cancellation request.

If you require the meter return instructions to be resent or need further assistance in returning a meter use the Contact Us tab at the bottom right to Live Chat with an agent. 

Back To Top>


 Unused Postage Refunds

Unused postage will be credited to the original funding source (i.e Purchase Power or Credit Card) within 48 hours of the funds being withdrawn from the machine.
  • Note: If the original Credit Card is no longer active, the funds will be returned to your PB postage account. 
 Verify unused postage was returned to the account 
  1. Sign in to the Pitney Bowes Your Account online portal. 
  2. From the Billing dropdown menu in the top navigation bar select View and Pay Bills
  3. Select Account Activity from the left navigation bar.
  4. Unused postage credit will show in the Activity type
    • ❗ IMPORTANT: Credits for unused postage returned to an account with a balance due will be applied to the outstanding balance. 
 Request a refund 
Initiate a refund request for unused postage credit by completing a Refund Request Form. Refunds can take up to 15 working days to be processed.
💡Tip: If there are multiple meters on the account, transferred postage can be used to fund other meters.

UPDATED: February 14, 2023