Confirm Where a Payment was Applied
Learn how to confirm if an ACH, wire, credit card or check payment was applied and how to proceed if a correction is needed.
Please confirm the following 2 items, before investigating where a payment was applied. If these 2 items cannot be confirmed then Pitney Bowes has not yet received the payment:
- Item 1: Confirm the funds have been debited / cleared from your bank account or credit card.
- Item 2: Confirm enough time has passed to allow for the payment to post.
- Check - Standard Mail: 10 Business Days for processing
- Check - Express Mail: 3 Business Days for processing
- ACH / Wire: 3 Business Days for processing
Confirming Where a Payment Was Applied
- Sign in to the Pitney Bowes Your Account online portal.
- Expand the Billing dropdown from the top navigation bar and select Payment History.
- Note: For Prepaid accounts select Account Activity from the left navigation bar.
- Review all recent payments for all accounts in order to confirm if the payment was applied.
- If you are unable to confirm where the payment was applied or if the payment was posted to the wrong account / invoice, you will need to Create a Case.
- Tip: Payment transfers from a Reserve account to a Purchase Power account can be completed online without a case.
To help expedite your Case request, please include the following details in the case:
- Account number(s)
- Payment method
- Payment amount
- Date the payment was made
- Date the payment cleared / debited
- Address or bank details where the payment was sent
- Check number (if applicable)
- Trace number (if applicable)
Once the request is successfully submitted, we will send an email confirmation which will include your case number.
UPDATED: August 25, 2022