Creating package alerts in PitneyTrack Inbound
Administrators can create custom alerts for expected packages to notify mail center staff of any special handling instructions or delivery conditions.
The features and options you see may vary depending upon your role and subscription. If you have any questions regarding your permissions, please contact your administrator.
- Select Settings > Package Alerts.
- Select Add Package Alert.
- Under Alert Trigger, select whether the package alert will be triggered by the recipient, tracking number, or department. Multiple selections are permitted.
- Complete the form.
- Alert name (Optional, Recommended): A user-friendly name for the alert record
- Recipient (Required for Recipient trigger): The recipient for whom the alert is being created
- Tracking number (Required for Tracking # trigger): The tracking number for the alert trigger
- Department (Required for Department trigger): The department for which the alert is being created
- Instructions (Required): The message to display in the alert
- Email Notification (Optional): Email addresses to which the alert will be sent. Press enter after each email address.
- Status (Required): The status or schedule for the alert
- Active/Inactive: Enable or disable the alert
- Scheduled Timeframe: Use this to specify start and stop dates for the alert:
- Check Scheduled Timeframe.
- Under Start Time, select the calendar icon and choose the start date.
- Under End Time, select the calendar icon and choose the end date.
- Select Save and Close or Save and add another.
UPDATED: October 13, 2022